Friday, April 25, 2014

Biting Off More Than I Can Chew: Maybe Hitting A GT

I've always wanted to go to a GT but life and the painting requirement have always kept me from going...sadly. Well, this new codex has given me some ideas for armored lists (because I play any other?) and I've decided to start painting a list at 2000 points. If I can get it painted by this August then I'll attempt to take it to the Pleasentville GT to test my mettle against other people with the time and will to paint an army.
Yep, I'm taking this seriously. :)

Firstly, the list:

Cadian 333rd with Armored Support-
HQ
Knight Commander Pask - Leman Russ Executioner, Sponson Plasma Cannons, and Hull Lascannons
 Leman Russ Executioner - Hull and Sponson Heavy Bolters

Troops
Platoon Command Squad - Flamer x4
Infantry Squad - Flamer and Lascannon
 Chimera - Heavy Bolter x2
Infantry Squad - Flamer and Lascannon
 Chimera - Heavy Bolter x2
Infantry Squad - Flamer and Lascannon
 Chimera - Heavy Flamer and Multilaser

Veteran Squad - Plasmagun x3
 Chimera - Heavy Flamer and Multilaser

Veteran Squad - Plasmagun x3
 Chimera - Heavy Flamer and Multilaser

Fast Attack
Vendetta Gunship

Armored Sentinel Squadron x2 - Lascannons

Heavy Support
Leman Russ Demolisher - Hull Lascannon

Leman Russ Demolisher - Hull Lascannon

Hydra Battery x2 - Hull Heavy Bolters

What I like most about his list:
  • I own all the models already
  • It covers the basics: numbers, toughness, anti-tank, and anti-flyer
  • Six scoring units
  • It has almost all of the things that drew me to IG in the first place: tanks, sentinels, boots, Lascannons, heavy bolters, and plasmaguns
  • Tons of AP2
What I don't like about this list:
  • It still has a Vendetta (I don't like flyers but it is still our best anti-air)
  • Only four Russ hulls
  • No Primaris (I don't know what I'd want to drop to fit him besides the sentinels that I want)
What do you guys think?

1 comment: