Monday, December 8, 2014

Infantry ADVANCE!!!!

Hi, been a while. Have not had the time I used to for gaming. Less than a game a month and somewhat disappointing ones at that. Got in a brief two recently and drew one, lost the other. Caused me a bit of hesitance on my Knights (who have gotten a bit of paint recently but are far from finished) since I struggled because Knights, A) cannot pick up relics and B) have no real way to hurt FMCs since they have nothing to snap shot.

This brings me back to my IG. I'm not fielding Hydras, because screw Hyrdas, but lascannons and what not can at least be snap shot in sufficient numbers to matter. Of course, I'm back to infantry guard and decided to dump a lot of my Knight savings into simply acquiring the bodies to make the army below. Lots and lots of bodies.

Cadia, not Irania, but you get the point
HQ-
Commissar Yarrick
Company Command Squad - Regimental Standard
Ministorum Priest x2

Trp-
PCS - Lascannon
Infantry Squad - Bolter, Autocannon, and Grenade Launcher
Infantry Squad - Bolter, Autocannon, and Grenade Launcher
Conscripts x50

PCS - Lascannon
Infantry Squad - Bolter, Autocannon, and Grenade Launcher
Infantry Squad - Bolter, Autocannon, and Grenade Launcher
Conscripts x30

PCS - Lascannon
Infantry Squad - Lascannon and Flamer
Infantry Squad - Lascannon and Flamer
Infantry Squad - Lascannon and Flamer
Infantry Squad - Lascannon

Hvy-
Basilisk Carriage x3
Quad Mortar x3 - Extra Crew x3
Rapier Battery x3 - Extra Crew x3

Fort-
Aegis Defense Line w Quadgun

Battle Plan-
The conscripts will be advancing and soaking up bullets while the blobs protect the big guns. Non-template weapons can target FMCs (my brother-in-law plays FIVE) while Yarrick and the CCS issue orders. Aegis helps to keep the lascannon blob and artillery alive. Moderately simple strategy really.

Assuming things arrive on time and I get a chance to work on it, this army will be assembled and primed by the end of the month. Maybe even get a game or two in!

4 comments:

  1. What models do you plan on using dude?

    Any themes etc?

    Having a cool theme and plan will make this huge effort a bit easier to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grey, Cadian, and Urban :D

      I'm a simple guy and this will take more effort that I've ever given a hobby project before. I'm thinking something like the German soldiers during WWII in look with rubble on bases and really dark grey uniforms. My thudd guns are even Nerblwerfers, the coolest thing forgotten about WWII.

      Delete
    2. Rubble is a cool and simple effect to do. I personally like grey rubble with a few autumn leaves scattered about for contrast.

      Nerblwerfers would look awesome, I remember seeing those for the first time as a kid and being amazed at how cool they looked.

      Grey can look awesome though, with such a big project you could cut your work in half by spray painting grey as the undercoat and using quick shade to shade the models. Im doing something similar with my Japanese next year.

      Delete
    3. On thing that will stand out is that I plan on the Conscripts having a white shoulder pad on the right side instead of the helmet strip because A) it'll be easier and B) it will make a fine squad marking if Conscripts ever suck again.

      Delete