Thursday, September 24, 2015

Shame, shame, shame...

I've been saving up for a Titan for a long time, years really (though that sometimes gets set back by other purchases like awesome knights.) Recently I had every plan to finally pull the trigger and get a Titan...until I got into a car accident. Between everything, I now cannot afford to purchase a Titan. Car hell sucks and boy do these burns still itch.

It has got me thinking though. Did I really want a Titan? Actually, that isn't a good question because the answer is a resounding, "HELL YESS!!!" What might be a better question is why did I want a Titan? Don't get me wrong, the models are awesome, especially the now discontinued Lucius Pattern beastie. At the same time, do Titans kinda represent that line, where you're no longer a guy who plays some ridiculously expensive game and are now the person with too much money and time on your hands? If so, then I suppose its for the best that I didn't get to purchase that Titan. I don't have too much money (quite the opposite most months) and I don't have the time (especially with my thesis coming up.)

In the end, this might be a blessing. I really need to focus more on my guard and knights. I have a baneblade (and equally sexy model in my opinion) that needs some love and paint, plus a Valdor that needs painted properly and assembled. Heck, I've still got a few knights I need to assemble.

Before people look at that list and revise their opinions on me and money, I did not pay anything near retail for any of them. Patience and deals my friends...(when was the last time I paid retail? '05? geez.)

Getting rambling now, just wanted to type something so that I don't have to see the picture of what wasn't to be at the top of my now neglected-until-next-summer blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment